Friday, December 2, 2011

Multimedia Project


For my multimedia argument, the topic I have chosen is related to the issue of global warming. My multimedia argument is in response to a video that I have watched on TED. David Keith is a scientist that explains how we are aware of climate change for the past 50 years now, and we are not on a road to a solution. Keith explains to his audience that we have two solutions, we could cut emissions, but it will be too slow, or, we could use sulfur to block the sun and cool the earth very quickly. Keith is trying to persuade his audience that we need to move out of the shadows of global warming and think about it. Not only do we need to think about whether to do geoenginering or not, but we need to decide who is going to do it all. By improving science and technology, it will give us more leverage on what we can do.
For my multimedia argument, I wanted to create an image that targeted adults. I think the lifespan for my projection as a digital text could last for a while, because of the issue of climate change. Climate change has been around for a while now, and I think it will continue to evolve as time progress. I think the text and images could change by replacing the images with other images of global warming and life. People can change the picture of the child wearing a facemask to something else that relates to the endangered species. Or, someone could change the picture of a person holding the tree to another picture of nature. I think the text will stay the same in the image in order to make the message of the image clearer. In my peer review, my partners did not understand the picture without the texts, so having the text helps make the message clear. I faded the text in the picture because the pictures are more important than the text. I want the audience to look at the picture and wonder what the image is supposed to argue. I think by having two pictures and two check boxes make my argument really simple and easy to understand to the audience. I chose to put the words life and death to make the audience conclude about climate change. I chose the picture where it shows someone holding a tree in his or her hand. It is supposed to symbolize how important and sacred the environment is.  I want to persuade the audience to make a decision on whether they want to continue with pollution, or save the environment. The background of the picture is neutral so that the audience can focus intently into the picture. I hope that my image will be recreated into something that may be more impacting, because I am limited in my abilities to use Photoshop.  My purpose of this image is to have the audience think about the issue even if they are no longer looking about the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment